Friday, September 24, 2010

Whirlwind

Today was an amazing day.  Jessie and I spent the majority of the day touring around the city and learning about Moldovan culture.  This included parks, government buildings, the art market,  and restaurants. In addition we had our first introduction to Moldovan transportation which is 80% walking and 20% riding  vans (completely packed with people) or buses.  I am looking forward to the public transportation :)
Moldova's history is so rich.  Elena, our new best friend and lovely blessing,  tried to explain how Moldova became what it is now, but she even had a hard time explaining Moldova's complex history.  One of the coolest places we went was a park near the center.  When I came last year, I called it the internet park because it had free wifi.  However we actually walked through the park this time, and throughout the park their were busts of famous people who Moldovan's view as heroes including: soldiers, poets, novelist, etc...  I really enjoyed this.  I felt that is gave me incite into what is important to people in Moldova.
Kishinev.info
We ended the day going to the local vegetable market (similar to a gigantic farmer's market) and then cooking at the Raatz's, our host family's house.  The team I am working with here is amazing,!!!  I will share more on them later.  God is so good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment