Sunday, October 10, 2010

Becoming Staff

Last week I was oriented to the home I will be working at for the months we are here.  The director of the home asked us to become comfortable enough to be able to work overnight with the women once a week.  Up until this point, most of my time at the home was spent getting to know the residence.  With my limited language skills, this has been a bit of a challenge, but I feel like we have developed relationships.  On Wednesday we spent our first night there and worked alongside one of the staff to learned the ropes.  The night went extremely well and everyone seemed to know the routine.  The next night Jessie and I were on our own.  I was a bit nervous but trusting God for every minute of the night.  Aside from an electrical fire, the night went very well.  We played games, read the bible, ate, and just got to know each other better.  I had a wonderful time and was sad to leave the next day:)

1 comment:

  1. "Aside from an electrical fire"?? Lol.
    Glad things are going well. I love reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete