Sunday, October 31, 2010

a Casa

      Wow, this past week was crazy but good.  I spent a lot of time at the home and was asked by the staff to move up the date for when I begin health teaching. So instead of next month as originally planned, I will be starting in two weeks.  For all the nurses out there, I plan to teach about hand hygiene first.  Yeah I know it probably sounds boring, but it will be a lot of fun.  In addition to the women, I think a lot of the staff will also be joining the sessions.  Speaking of the staff, we are becoming very close.  Some of Jessie and I's closest friends here are from the staff at the home.  It has been a joy to get to know and work with this staff.
Me and friends (also staff)
    
     One challenging aspect of this work or ministry is that sometimes you feel absolutely helpless.  Some of the issues are very hard to have answers for and often times you don't have answers.  What has been so beautiful is to see God help our staff to find answers.  We are not perfect but there is a realization that sometimes we have no clue what we are doing and that is ok.

Some of the projects Jessie and I are currently working on include: a grant proposal, home survey, health curriculum, and newsletter.  Please pray for all of these projects.

But those who wait on the LORD 
      Shall renew their strength; 
      They shall mount up with wings like eagles, 
      They shall run and not be weary, 
      They shall walk and not faint.


Moldova is beautiful in the fall!










     






3 comments:

  1. Hi!! this is Mariana figthing against your blog! I loved the pics, did you took them? if so, you should post more :) Hand Hyginie, wuuu, glad to know the Moldovians are getting some SBells 101 :)
    I'm praying for you my friend, you're such a blessing everywhere you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hand hygiene is very good start Sarah. It looks like God blessed you with some nice fellas :) I am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete