Friday, November 12, 2010

So this is Love

     This past week was so good!!!  After a really stressful weekend, we were able to find a place of peace at both the home and our own homes. On Wednesday, I spent the night at the home and was feeling a little nervous about going. In spite of my nervousness, I knew God was with us! When we arrived you could immediately feel the peace that for several weeks had not really been in the house.  Throughout the night we all hung around together, talked, and laughed.  It was nice to see that the fear had subside and everyone was feeling safe again.  I hated that they were feeling afraid at all.
    One thing  I consistently find myself asking God is to show me how show and give love to these woman. He has been faithful, really faithful, in answering this prayer.  Wednesday morning started with me checking heads for lice, and then I asked one of the woman if I could do her hair.  When she thought she would have to do it, she was shying away from the hair time.  She did not have the energy to do it herself.  Through a translator, I told her that in fact I wanted to do it, and she wouldn't have do anything accept sit there and trust me with her hair :)  She immediately lit up and ran to the bathroom where she wanted me to do it.  While this was happening, I was thinking about how much I need my mom or other woman to love on me like this, and I was so grateful to be able to love her in this way.  By the time we left the home, she walked (and at times skipped) us out to where we were to pick up public transportation.  Please pray that our relationship will continue to grow.

God is showing me that even though I cannot always express my love in words (I like to communicate) I can in action.  He fills my love cup!

1 comment:

  1. Between all not so good things happening in my life right now, I enjoy reading how God is working tru you Sarah, you're in my prayers, He brought you there with a purpose, rejoice in Him. I know it's hard, and rejoicing in Him is a very very hard thing to do when skies are cloudy and grey, but it's the only way.
    love, Mariana

    ReplyDelete