Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"Typical" Week

      Every morning I usually have a basic plan of what I am supposed to do for the day.  However what usually starts out as a plan quickly changes.  So let me give you a typical week in Chisinau, Moldova for Sarah. (I know people like details)

Monday-  We work on the grant proposal, and do everything and anything else we can possibly get done.  I usually study Russian on this day as well, it includes watching cartoons, written exercises, and speaking out loud.  
Tuesdays-  I head over to the rehabilitation home and spend time with the residents.  We also have staff meetings.  I love this day!!!  I end the day with Russian lessons and some quality chat time with Jessie and Donna.
Wednesday-  Continued work on written projects during the day time then we head over to the home to assist the night workers for the night.
Thursday-  We spend the morning with the women and then head to Russian lessons. 
Friday-  We go to the home and do what they need and also spend quality time with the children
On weekends we usually have some free time on Saturdays and then Sunday is church.

*I am finding that this schedule is tentative based off the needs of the home, our team, and deadlines for projects.  It has been good for me to see the importance of relying on the Lord for peace and not my circumstances.  

      So friends and family, honestly, this past week was insane which is why I did not post on Saturday, sorry.  However God has been faithful and we (meaning the team and woman) have surfaced thus far unscathed.  Please continue to pray for the home and the woman.

  Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”-

Matthew 11:28-30





No comments:

Post a Comment