Friday, January 21, 2011

Lessons from Manicotti

   Tonight we spent the evening at Nancy's house making Manicotti for dinner.  I have never made Manicotti before so this was a new sort of adventure and one I enjoyed very much.  I know you might not think cooking would be that good but it was.  As we were making the pasta shell that you have to roll the cheese into, we notice that many of the shells were broken, some with very obvious chunks out of the shell.  Other shells had more subtle breaks that you couldn't see unless you were really staring at it.  As we were rolling and deciding whether to salvage the broken shells, I was reminded of  how many of the people around me are broken.  It was funny because neither of us felt like the shells were not worth it, were better in the trash. We felt we could work with it. Likewise God never thought I was a waste, never thinks the women I am working with would be better in the trash.  I was almost in tears rolling Mannicotti (I know pretty funny) and remembering how each person is special to God. He does not give up on any of us.  I know, lessons from God while making Manicotti I never expected it.

The Manicotti was delicious and the fellowship was wonderful!!!


I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
   your works are wonderful, 
   I know that full well. Psalm. 139:14

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Sarah, that's "beautiful"! ('cause our God is BEAUTIFUL)
    Today Bill Parkinson read aloud to the church your email posted on WOF prayer chain. We miss you! Love & prayers, Madeline

    ReplyDelete