Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pedestrian Struck

    This week was crazy, but yet, so good.  God was all over it.  At the beginning of the week, we saw a kid laying in the middle of the road, after just getting hit by car.  He was about ten and did not look like he was able to get up.  After doing a quick assessment of the area (mainly, was it safe to get out of the car) Jessie and I jumped out of the car.  Unfortunately car accidents are pretty common here, since people drive pretty crazy, and pedestrians don't seem to pay attention to on-coming traffic.  Yeah, I am not exactly sure what caused this accident, but my heart stopped when I saw that it was a kid, and he was not moving. When we got to him,  I asked him a lot of questions and quickly moved him out of the street.  He allowed me to take care of him.  Praise the Lord, he had only a small cut on his wrist, road rash on his face, and a large bruise on the back of his head.  I love how God orders are footsteps.  At the exact moment that kid was hit, God had nurse there to help him, with an interpreter (Jessie :).  He is good!!!  We left him to the care of the medics, which were arriving when we were leaving.
     My week ended a lot better.  Friday we all headed over to the restoration home to celebrate Christmas again, and one of the girl's graduations(woo, hoo).  The staff made all sorts of traditional Moldovan/ Tajik food, and it was delicious.The house was complete chaos, but it was full of a lot of joy and laughter.  I got choked up quite a few times watching the kids and women open their presents.
     I am feeling extremely blessed and in awe that I am able to be a part of this work here.  I start teaching more in the home this coming Friday.  I am super excited but would appreciate pray.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing, that while living life God puts us where we need to be! Sarah, I feel like I know you from Jessie and her families conversations. Stay blessed and open to Him.

    Jessie's Aunt Denni in Alaska

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, who is the author of "The Speed of Trust."

    I'm glad Jessie didn't pass out on you. We all have our gifts, thanks be to God that yours is health and healing.

    God Bless You - Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah

    I love the phrase 'God was all over it!' And know exactly what you mean. It's easy to forget that He orders our steps, but what a reminder - and out of an accident that was meant for evil. Looking forward to reading more about how the Lord is using you.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete