Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Night with the Girls

     Tonight we spent the night at the home.  When we arrived, everyone was in a bit of a frenzy because tomorrow we celebrate Nancy's (the president) birthday.  I was pretty excited to be able to be a part of the chaos.  Our night was amazing.  It has been a while since I was able to really spend time talking to several of the women and I was concerned about that.  I always pray on the way and last night was the same.  I ended up having some of the best conversations with several of the woman that I have had since being here.   When we got there the director gave me the keys to the craft cabinets and said later help the girls make cards.  Most of the girls wanted to make cards for Nancy to show their appreciation for her love and great care.  You would think card making would be a great activity to do with the ladies, but I was thinking I don't speak Russian, no not me, don't ask me :)  Yeah had some super insecure moments, and then I got really excited.  We had so much fun.  Most of the women in the home made cards, and we had a table full of craft stuff.  The cards were beautiful and they were proud of their creations.  I am always amazed at how creative this bunch is.  By the end of the card session, there were stamps on people rather then the paper, periods of random singing, and a lot of laughter.  I think Nancy is going to lover her surprise birthday party tomorrow.

By the way, we have heat!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see that you are surrounded by nice girls over there. May our friendship grow and be blessed. Congratulations on heat!!Livia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I am reading your blog today and I reviewed this one and would like to make correction to mystatement above "May YOUR friendship grow andbe blessed" :) It was so good to see you during Christmas time...

    ReplyDelete